Saturday, November 24, 2007

Carter Shields


(posted by Amy) Little Carter arrived on Nov. 20. He is a healthy little boy and weighed 8 lbs., 4 oz. and was twenty one inches long. He's got the hands and feet of a future basketball player. I'm posting this update for Lara and Eric while they are still in the hospital waiting for the green light to take little Carter home. I went to visit them today and Carter is doing great! Here is a photo of him sleeping…isn’t he precious?!

He had surgery yesterday (Nov. 23) to have the shunt placed in his head to drain the fluid. The Dr. said that everything went well and he is doing great. Lara said that as soon as he is eating enough, they can take him home. Can you believe it? Homeward bound already…wow! I am so happy that everything is going so well for the Shields family.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little guy. He is so precious. I just want all of you to know we love you and hope all is well with your new little boy. He is so handsome I can't wait to see him when you bring him home. Love you, Cassie and Charlie Perry

Anonymous said...

He is a really cute baby, good luck with everything I wish you guys the best. If you ever need anything I will be there for ya.

Jenny Bourne

Alicia said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful! I am so glad everything went well for everyone. I can't believe he is already here. Wow....time flies. I hope all is going well. I can't wait to see him. Take care! Love tonz! Alicia :) Hugs and Kisses from Brooklynn and Sydni :)

Anonymous said...

He is looking so good you guys I am so happy for you!!
Love Carly and Dennie

Anonymous said...

Lara&Eric-
I am proud of you. I can't wait for him.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for your family~I was so pleased to hear you were given the go ahead to bring him home. What a tough fighter your little man is! As always I wish you the best and hope to see you soon. xo Stevie Jo

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We're so happy for you guys and can't wait to see the little one in person! All our love! Lesli, Kelly and Kain

Anonymous said...

Blame Ms. Carrie for sharing the website! Lara - He is gorgeous!! We have been praying for you, Carter and your family since you shared with us the news of his condition. You have all come through with flying colors. God really does listen to us. We are all so happy that the news has been so positive!! Now your only job is to enjoy your new baby boy! We can't wait to see him in person! Tiff, Mark, Bronson, Sophie, and Avery and even MiMi (my Mom) :)

Anonymous said...

Where is the picture?

Anonymous said...

Lar--He is beautiful. We are so happy for you and thank God that all has gone well. We can't wait to see him. Love to all of you!!!
Remember our thoughts and prayers are with you always, LOVE:
The Ricks,
Lehenbauer's
and Taylors