Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Breaking News!

This might not be a big deal in the average home but our home its huge! I heard Bug wake this morning and I could hear some wrestling around. It took me a couple of moments before I entered his room and to my surprise this is what I saw...
Carter was standing up in his crib! He was fully standing but by the time I screamed in delight and grabbed the camera he was back down to his knees. Bug usually cannot get out of laying position. Our physical therapist said that 'laying to sitting' will be one of the hardest transition to master (because of the weight of that heavy head). He was standing up in his crib! That's amazing for us. I know, I know, most kids do this by just a few months old, but its a major accomplishment for us. So we spent the night lowering his crib to where he can't fall out. What a blessing this baby is. Another milestone "they" never expected him to reach is now checked off! He'll show the world he rocks.

5 comments:

Erica said...

Way to Go!!! YAY!!!

Alicia said...

Way to go Carter! That is SO awesome :) I am glad everything is going good. Loves from Brooklynn and Sydni :)

Pam said...

Laura, Thank you for sharing your breaking news. That is so exciting! He is such a miracle.

One Big Happy Family In Utah said...

Don't you just LOVE breaking down the rules and theories!!!!

Hurray for everyone - keep it up (figuratively and literally)

Chris, Emily, Ryker & Larkyn Allen said...

I came across your blog and thought I should post a comment. I am Eric's cousin Emily (Ed's daughter). Aunt Gay told us about the golf scramble and Tooele Valley Meats is going to donate all the hamburgers and hot dogs for the event. I am happy to read that your little man is doing great and reaching his milestones. He is such a cutie! Little Carter and your family is in our prayers.